Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday, Monday



It's hard to believe that it's Monday again, and this time Harper is 7 weeks old! Time is flying by too fast! Accomplishments for the past week have been sleeping for 5 straight hours at night, kinda taking a paci, and drinking from a bottle. The extra sleep has been GREAT, and when I do feed her at night it is in bed, so it's so much easier for us both. No getting up and bright lights! 

I didn't really plan on giving her a paci unless it seemed like she needed the extra comfort, but recently she's started sucking on her hand, like maybe she's trying to get that thumb in her mouth! I'd rather her take the paci since I can take it away! She's sucking on it pretty good, but I still have to hold it for her a little bit. 

Harper had a couple of bottles early on, but we just started to try and give her one regularly last week.  She usually gets real fussy about it at first, but then I guess realizes how hungry she is an gives in, then she drinks it up in a flash!  I think we should have started giving it to her a week earlier, but I thought since she'd taken a few before that we'd be okay...oh well, we have a few weeks to get her going good on it. Ken can get her to take it good and she'll even take it from me sometimes. I just want it to be easy on the ladies at daycare. It's really one of the only times she cries right now. 

She is growing and getting more interested in her surroundings. She is also holding her head up steady longer when I'm holding her. She's starting to do the mini-push-up on her tummy, but then again she has been able to lift her head up since she was born. Now she is less "bobble-heady". I just love her so much! 

Let me see if I can find a picture....

No comments: