Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Little long legs


Harper seems to be growing like a weed these days! I'm so sorry that I haven't posted much new info lately, but things have been pretty busy around here! We've had a fun few weeks of celebration. We hosted a couples shower for our good friends, Stacy & Allison, a few weeks before the engagement party for Katie and Vincent Then, this past weekend, Ken and I were both in Stacy & Allison's wedding. It was gorgeous and we were so honored to be a part of their special day. Mom and Dad came down Friday night and kept Harper for us. They enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with her and Harper loved it too! 

She is rolling over now and getting better at sitting up. She makes a good little tripod, then once she sees her feet she just folds in half. This is especially fun during bath time. My arms are getting a workout just keeping her from going face first, but tonight she got a big ol' slurp of bath water-ew! Harper has started to splash the water just a little, and she loves to chew on the monkey attached to her tub. It's hilarious to watch!

Harper loves to sip water out of my cup. I noticed her watching me as I took a drink one day, and I just held it up to her little baby mouth to see what she'd do-and what do you know? The little baby takes a drink! Now she knows exactly what my cup is and grabs for her sip every time:) Since I'm still nursing her, we've decided to delay starting solids until about now. Harper had her first rice cereal Sunday evening, and again Monday night. It gave her a huge tummy ache (of course it didn't occur to us that that's what was wrong with her) and for 2 days we wondered where our baby had gone?! I guess we'll give it a few more days and try again. My sister gave me a great baby food cookbook and I can't wait to make Harper some of the yummy baby dishes in it.  Okay, here are some really cute pictures :)

Crashed out

Loving the jelly shoes

In her Baby Legs, which by the way, you can now get at Target!

No comments: