Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Beach Babies


We are on our first trip to the beach with Harper! Natalie and Anderson are here with us as well. The drive down was actually MUCH better than expected. Though in separate vehicles, our little angels slept and played like champs. It didn't hurt that we left Tuscaloosa at 11am, missing most of the rush traffic. 

Once we arrived at the condo (hallelujah!), we quickly set to unpacking and baby-proofing the place. My funniest realization is that Harper has more hanging clothes than I do this year! I only used 6 hangers!!! This is a big deal because it's a running joke about how much I usually overpack. We just didn't have room in the 4Runner this time, so I had to edit my wardrobe-for real this time! That said, I'm sure I will still have more than I will wear. 

We got done early enough to hit the beach for about an hour. Anderson LOVED the water and definitely the sand! Harper doesn't quite know what is going on , but she enjoyed splashing her toes around in the water and wiggling them in the sand. She kept a close eye on Big A and got very excited watching him play. 

We are looking forward to a fun trip & lots of crazy stories to tell! Wish us luck and look for more pictures to come! 


A little air guitar in the new swim trunks before hitting the beach. Rock on Anderson!

No comments: