Saturday, December 20, 2008

Time Flies!

I can't believe that our little Harper girl is almost a month old! She is doing so good and growing by the day. It has been a miracle to watch her each and every one of them. I really hope not to jinx myself, but she is such a good baby. She eats good and sleeps in between. She only gets fussy when she doesn't want to lay by herself anymore. I love that she is having more awake times now. I just hold her and stare at her sweet face. She seems to be taking it all in and I swear that she smiled at me today! Even if she didn't intend to, it still melted my heart:)

We are having more success with the back sleeping. I've been able to get her used to napping that way, so when it's bedtime it only takes a little soothing to get her to sleep. Ken and I have really been pulling off some great teamwork to make it through the nights. I will get up to feed her and then he will comfort her/get her to sleep. Sometimes that includes letting her fall asleep on Daddy's chest before "fliparooing" her over in the bed! 

Harper is starting to make new sounds, some grunts and coos. We think it's really cute when she "misses" a sneeze and makes this little "Uh!" sound. She is starting to look less like a newborn and fitting into more of her clothes. We'll have to have another dress-up day soon!  Well, speaking of new noises, she is making some now. Hope everyone is getting excited for Christmas! I'll leave you with a smile!



1 comment:

Kami said...

What a sweet smile! Merry Christmas to you all! I know that you will enjoy it with Harper.