Tuesday, November 4, 2008

And the winner is...

Just wanting to include a post to record the election results on Harper's blog. Tonight brings disappointing results for me, personally, but our democratic nation has spoken and that is the way freedom works. At least my daughter will be born into a nation of opportunity.  I just pray that with this historic election comes a peace and perhaps satisfaction that can bring some unification and contentment among the nation. 

The cynic in me says that really what makes one candidate any better or worse than the other anyway? They can't really change things on their own...I think that John McCain's concession speech was very graceful and an example of the attitude we need to take regarding the whole situation (for now).  I just hope the other camp can be as graceful with the win...and can we please not have to see Jesse Jackson crying?!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Murphy Collins said...

I totally agree!
Especially with the Jesse Jackson Remark! What a cheese!