Monday, August 25, 2008

I passed!!!

I went in for the glucose screening this morning. First they test your "fasting level", then make you drink this gross sugary stuff and come back in 1 hr to test the glucose. I passed prick #1, but failed #2 an hr later...I was very nervous when I went back yet another hr later for #3. The #2 test was 182 and to pass #3 you have to be below 145-that's a long way to drop! Anyway, when "79" popped up, I have never been so excited! I mean, I've been eating pretty healthy, but I thought if I had to cut out Nutter Butters or Reese's I wouldn't make it! 

So all is good and I am a happy camper. Ken and I just went to Ruby Tuesday's and had salad bar and shrimp pasta--and Nutter Butters for dessert at home! Now I'm off to work.  Hope you all have a great week:)

No comments: