Saturday, January 1, 2011

Last Post of 2010!

What a year it has been!

I remember this time last year Ken and I were just amazed with how awesome we thought Harper was. She was newly walking, could say MaMa and DaDa, I was just about done with breast-feeding her, and we were all sleeping really good-like ALL night! She was so amazing, that we were starting to think about when we wanted to make another one of these "perfect" babies!

Harper had her eye surgery in February, so we were working with patching her eyes until then. We started remodeling the upstairs bathroom for "the kids, and found out not long after that we were in fact expecting baby #2! Harper had her first trip to the zoo, a couple of visits to the beach, watched the Blue Angels, then before you know it, it was fall. That brought visits to the University campus, Bryant Denny Stadium, Homecoming parades and pep rallies-all done in true Bama fashion, of course! Harper grew as she watched my belly grow. We started talking about the baby sister that was on her way and wondered how Harper would handle the addition. I waddled my way to football games-even made the Iron Bowl 38 weeks pregnant! We stayed in town for Thanksgiving and got ready to welcome baby Claire! We had a sad time this year, too, as we lost my Grandmother Hollis. Our hearts were heavier this Christmas, but we continue to celebrate the wonderful life she had.

Harper has so far been absolutely wonderful with her baby sister. She still loves to kiss her, hold her hand, touch her head, and hold her in her lap. I have not seen the jealousy that I'd expected from a toddler. Granted it's only been 4 weeks, but I am so proud of her!

I'm up late, as our days and nights are mixed up anyway! Ken and I are just so blessed with our little family, and to have such fantastic family and friends in our lives. Here's to another super year in 2011!





No comments: