Friday, August 14, 2009

Chicken Crescent Puffs

Let me give a shout out to my girls Kasey and Robin for the yummy recipes! If you haven't ever made these, you should totally try some out. They are super easy and tas-ty! Here is the excerpt from Robin's blog:

Kasey's version:
3 oz cream cheese
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 package boneless chicken breasts or tenderloin, browned in skillet until done and diced
¼ tsp salt & pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp chopped onion (optional)
2 8 oz cans crescent rolls
¾ cup seasoned bread crumbs

Blend cream cheese & 2 tbsp butter until smooth. Add next 5 ingredients & stir well. Roll out crescent rolls. Divide into 4 squares instead of 8 triangles. Pinch dotted lines together for each of four squares. Divide chicken mixture evenly & spoon onto squares. Pull four sides up, pinch together & twist. Brush extra butter on top & sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake on a cookie sheet coated with Pam at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

That is the recipe straight from the book. I marinate my chicken while cooking stove top in Moore’s sauce & garlic salt because bland chicken makes me want to puke. Makes 8 puffs! They reheat well too. ENJOY!!

Now y'all know I can't leave a good recipe alone so here's what I did.

3oz of cream cheese

1/2 a container of store bought pesto
1/4 c of diced onion
1/4 c of diced red bell pepper

I didn't use the butter or the milk in the mixture and sauteed the veggies before adding them to the mix. They were DELICIOUS and would be good with a wide variety of veggies in them. YUMMO!

For my version, I used:

2 cans of chicken (fresh is so much better, but I was in a hurry)
8 oz cream cheese
3 T butter
Handful of diced mushrooms
Moore's
Splash of Worcheshire (sp?)
dash cayenne pepper, onion powder, celery salt, garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste

I didn't use the milk either & it was plenty moist. I needed 2 more cans of crescent rolls. Oops. I didn't plan much ahead!

Enjoy!




No comments: