Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Four Months Already!

It is hard to believe that it has already been four months since we brought sweet Harper home. They have been some of the most trying, yet amazing at the same time, months I've ever had. I definitely have much more appreciation for all mothers. Being a mother is the most wonderful thing and I've really pulled out strength (and courage) I didn't even know I had. Of course I'm still extremely sleepy/tired/dirty, but things are now starting to become more routine. It's all getting easier every day! 

I know I couldn't do it with out Ken's help. He helps keep the household running since I feel like I'm in "survival" mode most of the time. Seriously, I forget everything these days. People told me that it would happen but I just didn't think it would be so bad. I have been keeping a list of questions for the doctor for Harper's next appointment, and I was needing to add one to the list when the pen ran out of ink. I was like "quick, find a pen before I forget what I need to write down!" What an adjustment it must be for him to now live with crazy-absentminded-survival mode-mommy-Stacey!

Harper had her 4 month shots today. That's so tough to watch her go through, even if it is for her own good. I think this time was worse (on me) than the first. Poor little thing screamed so loud at first, but calmed down as soon as I picked her up. After a dose of Children's Tylenol she went right to sleep. Of course I returned to work with a good drool dribble's worth of said Children's Tylenol on my top! That's how most of the wardrobe is these days:)

As I've been looking back at the blog postings tonight, it's funny that in the last couple of weeks I've had Harper back and forth in sweaters, hats & coats and then tank tops & sunsuits. This transitional weather is weird. I'm ready for the warm to stay!

Harper has her next doctor visit next week. I can't wait to see how much she weighs and how long she is. I can tell when I'm feeding and rocking her that she has gotten longer! She is holding her head up very steady now and can sit in the Bumbo seat without slumping over. Not rolling over yet, but she is pushing with her legs so hard that it can't be too far away. We'll really be keeping up with her then! She is "talking" and being even more social, and during our after work stroll today I noticed that she was really looking at all of the trees and outside things. She's the best thing I've ever done for sure. 

Thanks for keeping up with us!


No comments: